Monday, January 19, 2009

One DOWN, Four to GO!!!

Cutting Up the Credit Card

January 2009, kicked off the year that I planned to start working our way out of debt. I don't think I have ever divulged exactly how much debt we are in and I don't plan to give out the exact number, but I will say that we have 5 credit cards with balances on them. Two of them have what seems like massive balances, while three of them have balances under $300 dollars. We have decided to take the money we are saving by cutting back on our lifestyle and put it towards our debt. We are going to pay off the debt starting with the highest interest credit cards. Those are actually the credit cards with the lowest balances, so we will see progress immediately! As of yesterday I PAID OFF my Babies R Us card!!!! One down, four to go!!!
In other news, I spent the day at my Mom's house working on coupons and the deals for this week, so I will update later in the week with my bargain shopping trips!
Day 13: January 19, 2009
Jackson was with Grammy and Grandpa for breakfast, but Andrea was with us.

Breakfast
Paul:
Banana: .35
Jackie:
Skipped Breakfast b/c I was in a hurry!
Andrea:
Homemade Toast: Free
Lunch
Paul and I:
Leftover Wacky Mac: Free
Jackie and Jackson:
Lunch @ Grammy and Grandpa's House: Free
Snack
Jackie:
Kashi Bar: .11
Jackson:
Gerber Fruit Chews: Free
8oz Milk

Dinner
All of Us:
Leftover Soup from Grammy: Free
1/2 Package of Rolls (Manager Special): .35

Total Spent for the Day: $.81
Day 12: January 18, 2009
Jackson stayed at Grammy and Grandpa's House, meaning his food will not be posted. My sister Andrea was here though, so her food totals will be counted.

Breakfast
Paul:
Toaster Strudel: .20
Banana: .35

Jackie:
Homemade Toast w/ Peanut Butter: .10
Andrea:
Homemade Toast w/ Butter: .02

Lunch
Paul, Andrea, and I:
Mexican Buffet: Free (Gift Card)
Dinner
Paul, Andrea, and I:
Pizza Rolls: 1.20
Snack:
Chocolate Chip Cookies made by Grammy: Free
Total Spent for the Day: $1.87

1 comment:

  1. love this picture of you!! wish I had taken a pic of me when my hubbie and I did that about 18 months ago. We paid off $30,000 in 6 months!! I couldn't believe how fast it went once I became motivated to do it!

    ReplyDelete