Friday, January 16, 2009

Yay for Fridays!


I absolutely LOVE Fridays because it means Paul is going to be home for the next two days and not have to go to work! After 8.5 years together, I still get excited everyday when I know he is on his way home and I still look forward to the weekends when I know we can spend all of our time together! Today was actually an extra special Friday because Jackson woke us up at 6:15am and Paul was able to spend an hour with us before work! Yay for Fridays!!!

I received my order of diapers and wipes this morning and I have to tell you that it was nice to have them delivered directly to our door. The package weighed 30lbs, so I was shocked that Diapers.com sent it 2-day shipping with UPS for FREE. I am sure I will be ordering with them again as long as they continue to have Free Shipping and the $10 off deal. Now I just have to fill out the rebate to receive $14.97 back, making my total cost for a box of Pampers Extra Large Case of diapers and Pampers 770 wipes $44.01. What a great deal!

I also met another Mommy friend, her husband, and their son for lunch today at Atlanta Bread Company. I used my American Express gift card, so lunch for Jackson and I is considered free. It was nice to get out of the house. When we are penny pinching as much as we are, it often feels like we are confined to the house and after awhile I get "cabin fever." I am hoping once Spring comes that there will be some free entertainment in my area and plus we will be able to go to the park down the road from our house.

While out, I stopped off to pick up my prescription from Target. I used one of the coupons out of the paper to get a $10 Target gift card on a transferred prescription. My prescription was $4 and I picked up Paul the generic Claritin-D making my total OOP $15.79. I then used my gift card to buy 2 12pks of Diet Dr. Pepper, Valentine's Little Debbie Cakes (a surprise for Paul), and bananas. I still have $1.02 on the gift card, but I have to go back and get 2 gallons of milk (my Mommy brain forgot to get it while I was there.) If I had remembered we needed milk, I probably would not have gotten the Diet Dr. Pepper and used the gift card for the necessities! I guess I can always return the drinks to get the milk, but I REALLY wanted those drinks to feed my caffeine addiction...lol! I'll keep you posted on what I decide to do!

Day 10: January 16, 2009

Breakfast
All of Us:
Brown Sugar Oatmeal Pancakes: $.60
Half Apple Juice/Half Water: $.05
Milk: Free (Kroger Deal)

Lunch
Paul:
Can of Progresso Soup(Bargain Buy at Walgreens): $.15
South Beach Diet Bar: Free

Jackie and Jackson:
Atlanta Bread Company: Gift Card

Snacks
Jackie:
Homemade Bread: Free

Jackson:
1/4 Homemade Smoothie: .22

Dinner
All of Us:

Mexican Resturant: Gift Card

Jackson:
8oz Milk

Total Spent for the Day: $1.02

No comments:

Post a Comment