Monday, January 26, 2009

Back from Mamaw's House

Mamaw and Me


We are back home after a great weekend visiting my Mamaw and family in Kentucky. We had a wonderful time and I was sad to leave. However, it is nice to be back in our daily routine with Jackson. He loved my Mamaw's huge house and Paul and I spent the majority of our time chasing after him. Thank goodness Paul took off of work and went with us because I sure couldn't have done it without him.

I know this may sound silly, but I actually had "coupon withdraw!" I didn't really have the time to look at coupons and without the internet there was no way to look up this week's deals, so I felt lost without my weekend couponing and now I feel behind in my bargain shopping. I did receive my Free Dreft coupon in the mail last week from Pampers Gifts to Grow and today I got the Green Giant Steamers Coupons in the mail that I bought on Ebay. I paid $6 for 40 Steamers coupons and since they are still on sale this week at Kroger, I am going to go get 40 more bags for free. I am hoping to have the time tonight or tomorrow to sit down and look at this week's deals. We need a few items like razors this week, so I need to figure out where to find them for little or no cost.

The family is back on our $1 a day Food Challenge today, after being able to eat the past few days like royalty at my Mamaw's. Paul felt like he was in "Hog Heaven" literally over the weekend because my Mamaw and Mom were feeding him anything and everything he wanted. I can't say I didn't enjoy it as well. The $1 a Day has not been so bad, but it definitely restricts what we can eat and how much we can eat. Not that this has been a bad thing becausePaul and I have both lost 6+ pounds in 2 weeks. WooHoo!!!



$1 a Day per Person Food Challenge

Day 17: January 26, 2009

Breakfast
All of Us:
3 Buttermilk Biscuits: .30
2 eggs: .22
1 slice bologna: .08
Cheese: Free

Jackson:
8oz Milk

Lunch
Paul:
Leftover Rice and Beans: .36
2 Slices Randy's Bread: Free
3 Keebler Cookies: .10

Jackie and Jackson:
Leftover Rice and Beans: .36
Progresso Chicken Noddle Soup: .15

Jackson:
8oz Milk

Snack
Jackie:
Chocolate Cake from Mamaw's: Free
Peaches: Free

Jackson:
Peaches: Free

Dinner
Paul:
3 slices Bologna: .30
4 slices Bread: .20
Leftover BBQ: Free

Jackie:
Green Giant Corn: Free
Keebler Cookies: .15

Jackson:
Momma's Homemade Soup: Free
Randy's Bread: Free
8oz Milk

Total Spent for the Day: $2.22


No comments:

Post a Comment