Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hi, My name is Jackie and I am a Shopaholic!


I finally admitted to myself and my husband tonight that I am a shopaholic! Okay, okay some of you are saying "we already knew this," and the truth is I did too! I have never said it out loud before and finally did today. Before I gained all of my college weight I bought clothes whenever I had money, after I gained weight I was addicted to shoes, and before deciding to get out of debt, I was back to buying clothes all the time after discovering how much I love White House Black Market! Now that I am sticking to my "get out of debt plan," I am addicted to getting things for next to nothing or FREE! Is this a good addiction to have? I think so!!!


I made a quick trip to Bath and Body Works, Publix and Target tonight just because I needed makeup and thought I would pick up some items while I was out. At Target, I had my first encounter with a cashier who did not seem to care for my doubling coupons on one item (Target Coupon + Manufacture Coupon), so she called the manager over. By the time the manager explained to her that what I was doing was okay, she had mixed up all of my coupons meaning the manager had to redo the whole transaction. The manager was nice and took care of the problem, I was just a little upset because we are leaving out early in the morning and I needed to get home quickly to pack.


I also stopped by Bath and Body Works which is right next to Target. I needed body lotion for my "lotion obsession" as my friends call it. I used the online coupon to get one item for free with any purchase. I bought 2 $1 items and got my Body Cream for FREE. I felt pretty bad about not spending more to get my free item because I used to work at Bath and Body Works and I know I killed their ADS (Average Dollar Sale) for the evening. Oh well, gotta do what I gotta do and I needed lotion.

I then stopped off at Publix to get a few BOGO items. Publix is usually ridiculously expensive, but they have BOGO items each week, so when you combined the sale with coupons they have some great deals!

I am so looking forward to the weekend! This hasn't exactly been the best week, so I am ready to start over with a new one. But first we are going to my Mamaw's house for the weekend, which will be nice to see family that I do not get to see often. I will not be blogging or bargain shopping, so see you on Monday! Have a great weekend!


Bath and Body Works Transaction
Sweet Pea 2oz Shampoo: 1.00
C.O. Bigelow Lemon Body Lotion: 1.00
Rain Kissed Body Lotion: Free
Total w/ Taxes: 2.12
Total Savings: 22.00


Target Transaction
10 Ocean Spray Juices: Free
Cover Girl Makeup: 4.99
Total w/ Taxes: 6.63
Total Savings: 20.98


Publix Transaction
2 Keebler Sandies Cookies: 1.00 each
2 Keebler Chocolate Chip Cookies: 1.00 each
2 Heluva Dip: .50 each
Cheerios: .49
Total w/ Taxes: 5.47
Total Savings: 17.96


Total Before Coupons and Store Savings:$75.40
Total Spent after Taxes: $14.46
Percent Saved: 81%



Day 16: Tuesday, January 22, 2009

Breakfast
Paul:
1 Buttermilk Biscuit: .10
1 Egg: .10

Jackie:
1 Buttermilk Biscuit: .10
1 Egg: .10

Jackson:
1 Buttermilk Biscuit: .10
1 Egg: .10
8oz Milk

Lunch
Paul:
Rice and Beans:.36
1/2 Banana: .17

Jackie and Jackson:
Rice and Beans .72
Steamers Veggies: Free

Snacks
Jackson:
Turkey Slices: Free w/ Kroger Coupon
8oz Milk

Paul:
Popcorn: .10

Jackie:
South Beach Bar: Free

Dinner
All of Us:
Steamer Veggies: Free
Pizza Rolls: .45
Rice and Beans: .72

Jackson:
8oz Milk

Total Spent for the Day: $3.12




No comments:

Post a Comment