Saturday, January 31, 2009

Bye Bye January!

Jackson Didn't Like January Either!
Well, today is the last day of the first month of 2009 and all I can say is, "Goodbye JANUARY!!!" This month has been terrible and I am hoping that February cannot be as bad. Between me being hormonal due to the progesterone I started taking for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), Paul's traffic ticket, me hitting the garage and breaking the mirror on my fairly new car, and the economy just getting worse, meaning we are more scared than ever about the future, it can only go up from here right??? I am a pretty positive person, so tomorrow I am going to wake up to the first day of February with a fresh smile and outlook for 2009!

The one good thing that has happened this month, is that I discovered how much money I can really save with couponing and bargain shopping. I have always been a couponer, but never to this extreme. My husband cracks me up when he goes with me on my bargain trips because he is always in awe at how much I can save by matching the deals to coupons. Tonight he went with me to CVS, after we left he looked at me and said with a big smile on his face, "I am going to call you the Couponator!" I know it may not sound endearing to most people, but I know that he is truly impressed with my money saving abilities and he enjoys watching me in action!

CVS Purchases


CVS Transaction #1
(4) Gillette Fusion Gamer Razors: 7.99 - 4.00 coupon = 3.99 each

Total 15.96
Used $8 ECB
Total w/ taxes OOP: 9.40
Earned $16 ECB

CVS Transaction # 2
(2) 12pk Diet Mt Dew: 3.33 each
(1) 12pk Diet Pepsi: 3.33
(2) 2 liters Diet Pepsi: 1.25 each
(2) Lays Ruffles: 2.00 each
(2) Lays BBQ: 2.00 each

Total 20.50
Used $16 ECB
Total w/ Taxes OOP: 4.59
Earned $10 ECB

CVS Transaction # 3
(2) Apple Juices: 1.50 each
(1) Gallon Whole Milk: 4.59
(1) Xtra Laundry Detergent: 2.79

Total 10.38
Used $10 ECB
Total w/ Taxes OOP: .39

Total Before Coupons and Store Savings: 91.77
Total Spent after Taxes: $14.38
Percent Saved: 85%


$1 a Day per Person Food Challenge

Day 22: January 31, 2009

Breakfast
All of Us:
Brown Sugar Oatmeal Pancakes: $.60
Half Apple Juice/Half Water: $.05

Snack
Jackson:
8oz Milk

Lunch
All of Us:
Burger King Picnic at the Park: Free (Gift Card)

Snack
Jackson
8oz Milk

Dinner
All of Us
Leftover Wacky Mac w/ Sauce: Free
Red Baron Pizza from Mom and Randy: Free

Snack
Cookies and Chips: 1.00

Total Spent for the Day: $1.60

Here are our food totals for yesterday:

Day 21: January 30, 2009

Breakfast
All of Us:
Brown Sugar Oatmeal Pancakes: $.60
Half Apple Juice/Half Water: $.05

Snack
Jackson:
8oz Milk
Peaches and Cool Whip: Free

Lunch
Paul:
2 Hotdogs: .40
Popcorn: .30

Jackie and Jackson:
Breakfast for Lunch
Leftover Pancakes: Free
Cheerios: .50

Snack
Jackson and Jackie:
Popcorn: .30
8oz Milk

Dinner
All of Us
Wacky Mac: .29
Spagetti Sauce from Mamaw's: Free

Total Spent for the Day: $2.44

No comments:

Post a Comment