Thursday, January 8, 2009

If Bald were a Good Look for Me, I would have Pulled My Hair Out By Now

Wow, what a day! The best part is, that it is only 1:30PM and I am already about to pull my hair out. I am sure we all have these days and today is the day that I am having mine! Both boys (Jackson and Jacob) are being incredibly fussy and demanding, which means I only have 2 arms, but I need about 8! I am trying to be optimistic and tell myself that it can only get better. All I can say is tonight is definitely a night that I am going to the gym as soon as Paul gets home.

On a different note, I was very excited to go get the free paper that is delivered to my house ever Thursday because I knew it would have coupons in it. Sure enough, it had 3 sets and one of those sets had the Electrosol $2.50 Off coupon in it, so that means another box of FREE dishwashing detergent. I have also been checking out the Taylortownpreview.com site because they post all of the coupon ads that will be in Sunday's paper early, meaning I can get a job start on planning my Extreme Bargain Hunting shopping trips.

I did about 8 loads of laundry yesterday, meaning I am almost out of laundry detergent. If there is not some super deal that I can find to get detergent for Free this weekend, I am going to make my own. That should be interesting, but it makes each load of laundry cost about $.01. The recipe that I plan to use is one that I got from the Duggar Family Website.

Homemade Liquid Laundry Soap
Front or top load machine
4 Cups hot tap water
1 Fels-Naptha soap bar
1 Cup Washing Soda
½ Cup Borax

- Grate bar of soap and add to saucepan with water. Stir continually over medium-low heat until soap dissolves and is melted.
-Fill a 5 gallon bucket half full of hot tap water. Add melted soap, washing soda and Borax. Stir well until all powder is dissolved. Fill bucket to top with more hot water. Stir, cover and let sit overnight to thicken.
-Stir and fill a used, clean, laundry soap dispenser half full with soap and then fill rest of way with water. Shake before each use. (will gel)
-Optional: You can add 10-15 drops of essential oil per 2 gallons. Add once soap has cooled. Ideas: lavender, rosemary, tea tree oil.
-Yield: Liquid soap recipe makes 10 gallons.
-Top Load Machine- 5/8 Cup per load (Approx. 180 loads)


Also, yesterday was our first day of trying to eat for $1 a day per person. It wasn't so bad, especially with all of the great deals I got on Monday. Paul even told me that my "Chicken Teriyaki" was excellent. Not that he ever complains about what I make for dinner, but I rarely get an "excellent" review. Please remember Jackson's milk is not factored into the meal totals.

Day 2: January 8, 2009
Breakfast
Paul:
2 Blueberry Muffins: $.20
1 glass milk (Free with cereal purchase at Kroger): Free
Jackie:
1 Blueberry Muffin: $.10
1/2 Brownie: $.05
1/2 Diet Coke: $.15
Jackson:
1 Blueberry Muffin: $.10
Juice/Water $.05
8oz Milk
Lunch
Paul:
Can of Progresso Soup (Bargain Buy at Walgreens): $.15
5 saltine crackers: $.10
1 cup Brown Rice (leftovers): Free
Jackie:
1 1/2 cup Brown Rice (leftovers): Free
1 cup Broccoli and Cauliflower (leftovers): Free
Brownie: $.10
Jackson:
Can of Progresso Soup (Bargain Buy at Walgreens): $.15
1/2 cup Brown rice and 1/2 cup corn (leftovers): Free
Juice/Water: $.05
8oz Milk
Dinner
Breakfast for Dinner Night
Brown Sugar Oatmeal Pancakes $.60
My Mom's Recipe:
1 egg beaten
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 cup skim milk
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons quick cooking oats
In a mixing bowl, combine egg, oil, and milk. Combine flours, baking soda, salt and brown sugar. Add to egg mixture. Stir in oats. Pour 1/3 cupfuls onto a lightly greased pan. Makes about 6 medium pancakes.

6 Slices Turkey Bacon $.60
2 Eggs with Cheese $.22
=$.48 per person

Dessert
Paul:
Brownie with Ice Cream $.30
Total Spent for the Day: $2.94

No comments:

Post a Comment