Friday, January 9, 2009

More Free Stuff + Great Coupons


I am definitely glad that it is Friday! I have to say that my day was much better than yesterday. Jackson has been in a much better mood and Jacob didn't get here until 1:00PM and both boys went to sleep at 3:00PM for their afternoon nap. Hooray for NAPS!!!

I started the morning off by making a quick Bargain Shopping trip to Walgreens, Target, and CVS. My plan didn't go exactly the way I wanted it to because I forgot one of my coupons at home, one coupon was expired, and one of the items I wanted to purchase they were out of. I ended up going back later in the evening to Walgreens and Target again, plus I had to stop at PetSmart for food for Moe.
Overall, I felt like I got a lot of good items today. I am in the process of stockpiling items that we need, so in the coming months I will not have to buy these things that I already have purchased at huge discount prices.

I also had an idea today to try and see if we could save $10,000 in 2009. I am not talking about putting actual money in savings, but rather to save money on everyday items and our expenditures from last year and put it towards debt and possibly put some of it in savings or at least stop from depleting the savings like we did inn 2008. I will try to go into more detail about this challenge in a post this weekend. To be honest, it is almost midnight and the whole house is asleep (including the dog, Moe) except for me! When I am more refreshed I will detail my Save $10,000 in 2009 Challenge, what exactly I mean by it, and how I plan to do it!


My Transactions:
Walgreens Transaction #1
2 Garnier Shampoos = Free
1 Garnier Hairspray = Free
2 Reese's Whipped bars = Free
6 Boxes South Beach Cereal bars = $3 ($5 Mail-In Rebate = $1.17 overage)
Total w/ Taxes: $3.83
Total Savings: $22.59

Walgreens
Transaction # 2
2 Garnier Shampoos = Free
2 Garnier Hairsprays = Free
6 Reese's Whipped bars = Free
1 Gallon Whole Milk = $3.19
Total w/ Taxes: $4.00
Total Savings: $21.96

Target Transaction # 1
3 Electrosol Geltabs = $.75 each
Total w/ taxes: $2.84
Total Savings: $10.62

Target Transaction #2
4 Electrosol Geltabs = $.75 each
1 Purell = $2.54
7 Johnson and Johnson Bubbies Soap Bars = +$.03 overage each after Printable Coupon
Total w/ taxes: $6.67
Total Savings: $21.16

CVS
Transaction #1
1 Garnier Shampoo = $2.99 ($2 ExtraCare Bucks Earned)
2 CVS Brand Apple Juice = $.44 each ($3 off CVS Brand Coupon pg. 14)
Total w/ taxes: $ 2.95
Total Savings: $6.60

CVS
Transaction # 2
2 Colgate Toothpaste = $1.75 each ($2 ExtraCare Bucks Earned)
1 Pert Plus = $2.50
Used $2 ExtraCare Bucks
Total w/ Taxes: $4.33
Total Savings: $6.57

CVS
Transaction # 3
2 Palmolive Dish Liquids = $.62 each
2 Progresso Soups = $.99 each
Used $2 ExtraCare Bucks
Total w/ taxes: $1.49
Total Savings: $7.73

PetSmart
Transaction
Science Diet 5lb Dog Food = $6.99 (Science Diet Coupon)
Earned $3off Next Purchase Coupon
Total w/ taxes:$7.71
Total Savings: $5.00

Total Before Coupons and Store Savings: $136.05
Total Spent After Taxes: $33.82
Percent Saved: 75%


$1 a day Per Person Food Challenge

Day 3: January 9, 2009
Breakfast
Paul:
2 Slices of Toast w/ Butter $.10
1 glass milk (Free with cereal purchase at Kroger): Free

Jackie:
1 Brownie: $.10
1/2 Diet Coke: $.15
I know this is a horrible breakfast, but what can I say, I was in a hurry! :(

Jackson:
Whole Grain Waffle and Lite Syrup: $.15
Half Apple Juice/Half Water: $.05
8oz Milk


Lunch
Paul:
Can of Progresso Soup (Bargain Buy at Walgreens): $.15
5 saltine crackers: $.10
2 Reese's Clusters (Bargain Buy at Walgreens): $.10

Jackie:
2/3 can of Progresso Chicken Noddle Soup (Bargain Buy at Walgreens): : $.10
Grilled Cheese Sandwich (Manager's Special bread): $.15
1/2 Diet Coke and Water $.15

Jackson:
1/3 can Progresso Soup (Bargain Buy at Walgreens): $.05
1/2 Grilled Cheese Sandwich: $.07
Half Apple Juice/Half Water: $.05
8oz Milk

Snack
Jackie:
2 South Beach Diet Protein Bars (Free after Walgreens deal): Free

Jackson:
1/2 Grilled Cheese Sandwich: $.07
8oz Milk

Dinner
All of Us:
3 Turkey Burgers: $.70
Potato Wedges: $.60
2 Hamburger Buns (Manager's Special): $.15
=$.48 a person

Dessert
3 Junior Wendy's Frosty: Free with Trick of Treating Coupons

Total Spent for the Day: $2.99




No comments:

Post a Comment