Saturday, January 10, 2009

Super Saturdays

Paul and I started the day off nicely with Jackson letting us sleep in til 9:00AM. I think we wore him out last night with all of the bargain shopping. We then spent the day debating whether or not to try and rake up the leaves in the yard. Needless to say, we never did do it because of the rain.

We did however, go to Paul's office so I could print off some coupons that were giving me the message that I had printed off my max amount. We then decided to grab lunch out using the gift card Paul earned at work by writing a book report on 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. I am not sure if I mentioned this before, but we are not counting gift cards in our food totals for each day because that is not money coming out of our pocket directly.


Drying Coupons in the Dryer

Another interesting thing that I did today, was to dry wet coupons in the dryer. Paul and my mother think that I am crazy, but I couldn't possibly throw away good coupons just because they got rained on!

Andrea and I with Our Bargain Purchases

Later tonight, my sister Andrea and I took the coupons I had printed earlier in the day and went for one last trip to Target, CVS, and Walgreens. Now I know you may be thinking how am I going to save money if I keep spending it. I believe I now have enough dish detergent for the next 2/3 of the year, shampoo for 6 months, toothpaste for the next 6 months, etc. So the savings come later.

My Transactions:
Target
4 Electrasol = $.75 each
4 Johnson and Johnson Buddie Bars = +$.03 overage each
Total with Tax: $3.89
Total Savings: $18.16

CVS Transaction # 1
1 Colgate Total = $.37
1 Colgate Kids = $.37 (Earned $2 ExtraCare Bucks)
Total with Tax: $.80
Total Savings:$3.83

CVS Transaction # 2
2 CVS Brand Apple Juice = $.44 each
1 AJC Newspaper = $2.00
Used $2 ExtraCare Bucks
Total with Tax: $.90
Total Savings: $6.30

Walgreens
2 Progresso Soups = $.15 each
2 Boxes South Beach Diet 100 Calorie Bars = $.50
1 Garnier Shampoo = Free
1 Garnier Hairspray = Free
Total with Tax: $.1.79
Total Savings:$19.36

Total Before Coupons and Store Savings:$54.76
Total Spent after Taxes: $7.38
Percent Saved: 87%


$1 a day Per Person Food Challenge
Day 4: January 10, 2009

Breakfast
All of Us:
Brown Sugar Oatmeal Pancakes: $.60
Half Apple Juice/Half Water: $.05
Milk: Free (Kroger Deal)


Lunch
All of Us:
Mexican Buffet w/ Drinks Included: Free (Used Gift Card from Paul's Work)

Snack
Jackie:
South Beach Diet Bar: Free (Walgreens Deal)


Jackson:
2 Gerber Apple Cereal Bars: Free (Purchased by my Mom)


Dinner
All of Us:
Chick-fil-a: Free (Used coupons for sandwich and strips from Chick-Fil-A Bowl)

2 Drinks: $2.25

Total Spent for the Day: $2.90








2 comments:

  1. Jackie, you should include the cost of fuel to go to the store...especially when you make multiple trips for whatever reason.

    Blog is really very interesting and you should attract lots of viewers. Try to get some ads on there and include that revenue in your total "savings". Google AdSense, Amazon, and of course the companies or sites that you link to or mention in your blog.

    I'll be watching as you keep this updated.

    Karl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your bargains. It is truly addicting! :) I saw your question about the Rice a Roni coupon on my blog. The link to the coupon is on my blog (it says "print the coupon here" and when you click on "here" it will start printing....hit the back button on your browser until it starts printing again and you'll have two copies!)

    ReplyDelete