Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My First Extreme Bargain Hunting Trip


Yesterday, I made my first bargain shopping trip. I have been planning this trip since Saturday, January 3, by organizing and clipping coupons, researching the internet to find out which stores had the best deals, and which store coupons I could match with manufacture coupons in order to get items for free or little cost. Overall, this was about a 10 hour process, but it was well worth it to save as much money as I did. Here are the items that I bought and which stores they were purchased at.


January 5, 2009 Bargain Shopping

Walgreens
2 Garnier Shampoos = Free
4 Progresso Soup = $.60
2 Reynolds Wraps = Free
3 Softsoaps = $.64 each
2 Reese’s Clusters
3 Wrigley’s Extra Gum
2 Hershey’s 100 Calorie Bars
1 Mott’s Apple Juice = $.79
3 AA 4-pack of Duracell Batteries = 2.25 each
1 Aquafresh Toothpaste
4 Quaker Instant Oats = $.99 each
Total w/ Taxes: $25.63
Total Savings: $63.20



Kroger Transaction # 1
o 3 Kellogg’s Cereals
o 1 Gallon Whole Milk = Free
o 4 Chunky Soups
o 1 Dozen Eggs = $1.35
o 1 24pack Diet Coke = $5.99
o 1 Special K Waffles = $.50
o 1 Colgate Toothpaste = $.50
o 2 Always Pads = $.50 each
o 1 Bag French Fries
o 1 Pillsbury Sweet Rolls = Free
o 1 General Mills Cereal = Free
o 1 Tombstone Pizza = Free
o 1 Oscar Meyer Lunch Meat = Free
o 1 Gillette Fusion Razor
o 6 4pack Cottonelle Toilet Paper = Free Each
Total w/ Taxes: $27.01
Total Savings: $50.43


Kroger Transaction # 2
o 3 Kellogg’s Cereals
o 1 Gallon Skim Milk = Free
Total w/ Taxes: $6.17
Total Savings: $5.99


Total Before Coupons and Store Savings: $174.33
Total Spent Before Taxes: $54.71
Percent Saved: 69%


The Kroger items were purchased with a Gift Card that we received for Christmas, so the total out of pocket expense was $25.63.
I could have saved about $4 more if I had handed the cash register attendant the coupons in a different order, but other than that I thought my first attempt at Bargain Shopping was a success!!

No comments:

Post a Comment